This Friday, April 12th and Saturday, April 13th, Miraval will be hosting a Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare™ representative from 2-7pm in our Life in Balance Spa. With over 12 years of clinical aesthetic experience, Toni Lind will answer any skin-related questions you may have. Sessions include a private consultation, education on the latest treatments that deliver immediate clinical results, and a mini facial customized to your skin's needs.
For those not at Miraval this weekend, we asked Dr. Dennis Gross to give us some quick tips on how to best protect your skin for the warm summer weather. Enjoy!
- Make sure to apply sunscreen 15 minutes BEFORE going out in the sun. Application in the sun leaves you exposed for more time than you realize.
- Re-apply sunscreen anytime you get out of the water and continuously re-apply throughout the course of the day, especially if you are sweating.
- If you have to be in the sun, try to avoid hours between 10am-2pm because that is when the sun's rays are the strongest.
- Think Jackie O—wear sunglasses that completely cover the eye areas. This, plus sunscreen, work best to prevent wrinkles ("crow's feet") in the eye area.
- Pink is the new red! Sunburnt skin is never beautiful and pink skin is actually the sign of a little burn.
- Research shows that a substantial amount of premature aging comes from incidental sun exposure when we're unaware of it—such as when we're out shopping or even grabbing lunch. Get in the habit of wearing sunscreen SPF 15 or higher EVERY DAY, even when you are not planning to spend a lot of time outdoors.
- Sunscreen should be applied 365 days a year. The key is finding a sunscreen you love, so that you will continue to re-apply it throughout the day. It is a misconception that all sunscreens clog pores and leave a sticky residue.
- A classic error is sunscreen is not using enough- to be truly protected we need to use a lot of sunscreen—about 2-4 ounces to cover your face and body depending on your size.
- Apply sunscreen to corners of the face, including the hairline, ears, and even lips. Poor application can lead to skin cancer and pre-cancers occurring in those areas.
Learn more about Skin Care treatments at Miraval >