By: Kim Kelder, Lead Aesthetician and Skincare Specialist
• Start your day with clean skin. I like to use a cleansing milk with my Clairsonic Pro in the morning to get a deep clean. The cleansing milk leaves my skin clean without feeling dry or stripped.
• Always use a toner. A toner is the second step in cleansing and it also balances out the pH level of your skin. For those with drier skin, I suggest using a spray toner. I use an Ionizing Vita Flower Mist by Red Flower; it leaves my skin refreshed.
• Apply an eye cream. Remember that eye creams should go on first, to protect the skin around the eye as it is four times thinner the rest of the skin. I like to use an eye gel in the morning and something a little richer, like a cream, in the evening.
•Apply a face serum. Serums have smaller molecules that can penetrate deep into the skin. I love a vitamin C-infused serum for day time—it acts as a great antioxidant and helps to lighten and brighten the skin. If your serums feel sticky on your face you may want to exfoliate (you may have some dead cells built up) or use less product (one pump should be sufficient).
• Apply a moisturizer. Moisturizers hydrate and protect skin from the elements. Many people prefer a multi-functioning product like a moisturizer with sunscreen. For those with drier skin, the combo might not be enough, and I would suggest using a moisturizer and sunscreen separately. For those with oily skin types, an oil-free moisturizer works well.
• Use sunscreen generously. Apply sunscreen daily and look for products like tinted moisturizers or makeup with SPF already built in—I use a mineral makeup with SPF 20.
More about Kim Kelder
Kimberly Kelder is Miraval Resort & Spa’s Lead Aesthetician and Skin Care Specialist with over 18 years of experience—13 of those years at Miraval. After receiving her first facial, she was mesmerized by the way her skin felt and looked. Kim quickly realized that she wanted to learn how to make other people feel as transformed as she did. She studied at Allure College of Beauty in Tucson, Arizona specializing in Aesthetics.
Kim gives a weekly skincare lecture at Miraval and educates guests on how to properly care for their skin and how to make skin care a realistic priority in their lives. Kim is most passionate about teaching guests how to have healthy skin in a holistic setting. With so many products and treatments on the market, guests are often confused and overwhelmed. Kim teaches guests how to make the best choice for their skin at any age and during any season. She customizes her skin care recommendations and regimen to suit the guest’s individual lifestyle and demands, to maximize and maintain healthy skin.
Learn more about Skin Care spa services at Miraval >