By: Cecilia Hercik, Director of Spa
A nice warm bath is very soothing way to end a relaxing massage, indulgent spa treatment or just a stressful day at the office. Below are some tips to prepare the perfect bath.
Plan a themed bath. Add about 10 drops of your favorite essential oils to your bathwater to enhance your experience and remedy your aliments.
- Indulge: To be able to switch off and sleep at night use Chamomile, Sandalwood & Lavender
- Challenge: In times of stress use Ginger, Black Pepper, Rosemary & Chamomile
- Renew: If you are feeling sluggish use Patchouli, Rosemary, Grapefruit & Juniper Berry
- Improve: To uplift your mood use Ylang Ylang, Geranium, Frankincense & Rose
Basic Bath Tips:
- For a truly luxurious bath, add in your favorite all natural bath products. Try bath salts, essences of herbs and flowers and bubble-baths.
- When using bath salts, be sure to add them while the water is running to dissolve the salts before you get in.
- Make sure that the bath is the perfect temperature for your body – not too hot, yet not too cold.
- When filling the bathtub, get in when it's filled about halfway. That way you can feel the temperature and adjust it so it's comfortable for you!
Preparing Some Bath Indulgences:
- Prepare your favorite food or beverage and place it within easy reach.
- Infuse a cool glass of water with cucumber slices and a few berries to sip on.
- Have a small cup of sorbet on ice to savor when you are halfway through your bath.
- Spray aromatherapy oils onto 2 chilled towels to use on your face and neck to refresh you during your bath.
- Arrange some candles in the bathroom for a soft relaxing light and a nice comfortable glow.
- Play relaxing music while you soak to help your bath feel even more spa-like.
- Bring a book you enjoy reading. This will add to the relaxation, by keeping your mind in one place and quieting your thoughts.
- Use soft bath towel pillow to rest your neck while you are bathing.
- Collect some fluffy towels, PJs, slippers or a warm robe for when you hop out the bath. This will save you the trouble of trying to find clothes in your relaxed state.
- Wet your face and apply a facial mask, then lie back and relax for as long as you want. Remember to wash the mask off thoroughly and cleanse.
- Apply a hair masque to your hair. To rinse, lay back in the bath and massage your scalp until you feel like all the product is out.
After the Bath:
- Blot yourself dry upon getting out of the bath. Finish by applying body lotion, moisturizer or use your preferred product of choice to lock in moisture.
- Keep relaxing and pour yourself a warm cup of tea. If tea isn't for you, have a hot drink that has no caffeine in it, such as warm lemon or ginger beverages.
- Hop into bed for an early night or just read a book or watch a film. Do anything that is relaxing to you.