Gain wisdom with the horses and Wyatt Webb, Equine Program founder & director, with these guidelines for personal introspection at Miraval Arizona’s Purple Sage Ranch.
Remember one thing, Wyatt says: It’s not about the horse. “I can teach you a few basic equine skills that will keep you safe in any barn in the world, but we’re here to look at your experiences — what you’ve learned over the course of your lifetime that either works for or against you in your relationships.”
- Pay attention to what you think.
- Pay attention to what you feel.
- Look at how that creates your behavior.
- If there’s conflict in your relationships, try what you know.
- If it doesn’t work, don’t do that anymore. Do something different.
- Ask for help.
In Wyatt’s experience, if you can change one false belief you’ve held about yourself, you’ll confront another one. “People don’t always need a huge aha moment,” he says. “You give them a little light at the end of the tunnel, and they’ll go toward it.”