The perfect summer recipe! Enjoy this refreshing and incredibly flavorful dish from Miraval’s Mindful Eating Cookbook.
Shrimp and Mango Ceviche
Makes 4 Servings
- 1/2 c. chopped and peeled fresh mango
- 1/2 c. fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. minced red onion
- 1 Tbsp. minced red bell pepper
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp. minced jalapeño
- 1 tsp. hot red-pepper sauce, such as Cholula Hot Sauce
- 1/8 tsp. kosher salt
- 8 oz. shrimp, peeled, deveined, and cut into quarter-inch pieces
COMBINE all of the ingredients except the shrimp in a medium nonreactive bowl, and stir well
ADD the shrimp and toss to coat with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate, stirring every 30 minutes, until the shrimp is opaque in color, 45 to 90 minutes.
ARRANGE the ceviche in a decorative bowl or martini glass and serve chilled.
CALORIES: 60; TOTAL FAT: 0.5 G; CARBOHYDRATE: 6 G; DIETARY FIBER: 0 G; PROTEIN: 8 G