Are you new to the Miraval experience and about to embark on your first wellness retreat? Welcome, and congratulations on your decision to renew, recharge, and practice self-care! To ensure that your stay with us is as memorable and seamless as possible, we’re rounded up some valuable information to help you make the most of it. Scroll down for a list of tried-and-true insider tips!
- BOOK CLASSES BEFOREHAND: For optimal availability, we recommend reserving spa treatments and activities 6 weeks prior to your arrival. Not only does planning your schedule early ensure that you’ll have first dibs on some of our in-demand offerings (e.g. Cocktails in the Kitchen, Naga Massage, and “It’s Not About the Horse” with Wyatt Webb), but it will also relieve you of any potential last-minute stress. Our team is more than happy to help you book any services you have in mind, so please give us a call at (855) 234-1672.
- HAVE FUN WITH YOUR ITINERARY: Excited about your upcoming trip to Miraval but overwhelmed at the prospect of planning out your days? Don’t even sweat it! Our team is here to assist you. Explore Miraval’s wellness activities, spa treatments, lectures and fitness classes on our website and if you are within two months of your desired dates, you can see exactly what is happening each day with our daily activity schedule. Make note of experiences that grab your attention and an experience planner will help to create a personal itinerary for you that best speaks to your intentions. FYI: If you haven’t finalized your travel details yet, you may also want to check out our upcoming events so that you can plan your trip around seasonal events such as Mindful Leadership with Matt Walker, SHAPE magazine’s wellness weekend, or our annual “Summer Under the Stars”.
- GET TO THE SPA EARLY: If you booked a treatment at the ‘Life in Balance’ Spa, please note that the pampering begins way before your massage or facial. We offer an array of amenities – including a whirlpool, sauna, steam room, and quiet room – that will help you clear your mind and ease you into a state of total relaxation. Be sure to arrive ½ hour early to take advantage of these!
- FREE SHUTTLE SERVICE: Are you flying in to Tucson Airport (TUS)? Miraval offers a complimentary shared shuttle service. If you’re interested, simply let us know your flight details beforehand so that our team can schedule a pickup/dropoff for you.
- SELF-GUIDED MEDITATION JOURNEY: In search of a quiet spot to meditate? Visit one of seven mindful locations on property that were chosen for their sacred energies. In fact, our latest one – the Miraval Tibetan Gong – is located in the art garden right by the entrance so that you can enjoy a moment of tranquility upon your arrival.
- MEET MONA: Mona, whose bright smile lights up Palm Court Cafe, is not only one of the friendliest people you’ll ever have the pleasure of meeting but she knows a thing or two about nutritious (and refreshing) beverages. While we do offer an official menu of smoothie/coffee options, Mona can customize your drink to your liking and even recommend some “secret” specialty drinks! Drop by any time between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m. for (unlimited!) pick-me-uppers or freshly prepared snacks on the go!
- SCHEDULE SOME POOL TIME: Whether you want to swim laps or cool off after a hike through the desert, we have a pool (3 to be exact) to fit your mood! While it’s easy to feel like you have to account for every hour of your day, sometimes it’s nice to just go with the flow. Indulging in a little downtime is oh so important – and what better way to do so than by lounging poolside, with cold drinks (try the frozen mint lemonade!) and healthy snacks available at your beck and call?
- BEST VIEWS OF THE MOUNTAINS: No matter where you choose to spend your day, panoramic views of the Sonoran Desert will surely take your breath away. However, if you wish to escape the heat but still be able to feast your eyes on the Santa Catalina mountains in a tranquil environment, check out the manicure & pedicure salon. Enjoy a blissful afternoon pedicure – our signature Deborah Lippmann offering is incredible, by the way – while hummingbirds flutter right outside your window!
- LOYALTY PROGRAM: Miraval is now part of World of Hyatt, which means our guests now have to ability to use Hyatt points for room upgrades, complimentary stays, and more. Signing up is easy, and after a 6-night stay at Miraval, you will have enough points to redeem a free night at our resort or one of Hyatt’s 700 hotels!
- MAKE DINNER RESERVATIONS: Skip the wait! Drop by the Cactus Flower Restaurant each day to (a) say hi to Patti and (b) reserve a table for dinner. And if you’re traveling solo and in the mood for some company, you’ll be happy to know that we host a communal table each evening. Simply ask Patti to reserve a spot for you and enjoy a delicious meal with new friends. (Oh, and just so you know, your reservation at the communal table also happens to come with glass of complimentary wine…)
- DESSERT TO GO: If you want to sign up for an activity at night but don’t want to miss out on any of Miraval’s delectable treats, ask for your dessert to go and place it in the refrigerator in your room. Then, after you’re done, you can top off the evening with a sweet treat on your private patio.
- LEAVE YOUR WALLET BEHIND: You don’t have to worry about toting cash around or whipping out your credit card after every activity. With the exception of alcoholic beverages and a room service fee (should you wish to have food delivered there), meals are included with your stay. (Yes, that’s right – you can order as many appetizers or entrees as you like at no extra charge!) Additionally, Miraval is a no-tipping resort. The only thing we want you to focus on during your stay is savoring each mindful moment!
- NO DRESS CODE: We receive a lot of questions about what a first timer should pack for a trip to Miraval. While the choice is up to you, just know that we embrace a comfortable lifestyle and encourage our guests to do so as well. Whether you wish to get fancy for dinner or show up in one of the plush bathrobes we provide you with, you won’t be out of place.
- HAPPY HOUR: If you’re feeling a bit peckish before dinner, drop by the Brave Bill lounge for cocktails and scrumptious hors d’oeuvres!
- ALL ABOUT SUSTAINABILITY: Leave your water bottle at home – no need to carry it with you all the way to Tucson. Along with a tote bag containing a weekly schedule, we provide you with one upon check-in and you can refill it at one of our water stations located throughout the property.
- TUCK YOUR PHONE AWAY: Literally…in its own little bed fashioned out of reclaimed mesquite wood. We provide one for each guest in all of the rooms as a reminder to unplug from technology and be mindful in the present. A digital detox seems tough at first, but you will feel rejuvenated in no time! BONUS: The cell phone sleeping bag is yours to keep!
Got additional questions about your upcoming trip to Miraval? Contact a Miraval Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org.