#Quarantinebaking the Mindful Way with Miraval
Scroll through Instagram, and you can almost smell the loaves of fresh-baked sourdough bread. #Quarantinebaking is the latest trend on social media, and not only because we have so much more time on our hands to dust off the old Kitchenaid mixer. Baking can have a meditative, calming effect, which is all the more necessary in today’s stressful times.
The desserts and baked goods at Miraval are some of our most requested recipes. Just like the rest of the food served at Miraval, our sweets never sacrifice flavor for nutritional value and are made using only the best ingredients.
We hope that these Miraval recipes will satisfy your sweet tooth and give you some much needed calm and relaxation in your day.
TRAIL MIX COOKIES
Yield: 36 Cookies
½ Cup light or dark brown sugar
4 Tablespoons butter, softened
¼ Cup raw cane sugar
½ Cup honey or agave nectar
½ cup of applesauce
1 Cup all-purpose flour
½ Teaspoon baking soda
¼ Teaspoon kosher salt
2 Cups rolled oats
½ Cup mixed dried fruit (cranberries, cherries, blueberries, etc.)
½ Cup mixed seeds and/or nuts (pumpkin, sunflower, etc.)
¼ Cup mini semisweet chocolate chips (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the brown sugar, butter, and cane sugar together until smooth. Add the honey and applesauce, then scrape down the ides of the bowl using a rubber spatula and continue to mix for another minute.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add the flour mixture with the oats to the mixer and continue mixing until just combined. Last, add the fruit, seeds, and chocolate chips. Scoop 1-tablespoon portions onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving about an inch between the cookies. Bake until the cookies are lightly browned and they release from the parchment, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
Yield: 12×9 pan
20 oz assorted bread
3 oz butter, melted
12 eggs, beaten
4 cups whole milk (sub with non-dairy milk)
½ cup sorghum syrup (sub with honey, maple syrup or molasses)
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup pineapple (sub with whatever fruit you have)
1 cup sugar
1. Cut bread into roughly 1’’ pieces. Toss in melted butter and toast in oven at 350F for 10 minutes.
2. Combine eggs, milk, sorghum syrup, salt, cinnamon and pineapple, whisk until homogenous. Add toasted bread and chill overnight, or at least 8 hours.
3. Transfer to an oiled baking dish, pressing to remove any air pockets. Top with raw sugar and bake at 325 F for 40-60minutes, or until center is dry.
AVOCADO CACAO COOKIES
Yield: 24 cookies
2 cups avocado (about 2 medium avocados)
3 cups sugar
3 cups cocoa powder
2 cups bittersweet chocolate morsels
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tbsp baking powder
In a food processor, blend avocado and raw sugar until smooth
Transfer to mixer with paddle attachment. Add remaining ingredients and mix until homogenous.
Scoop out onto lined cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes at 350 F.