We understand that going grocery shopping nowadays can be a terrifying, stressful experience.
Your favorite ingredients might be sold out and the aisles might be crowded with anxious shoppers.
Therefore, we’re happy to share with you three healthy pantry staples you can add to your shopping list for this week. These ingredients pack a nutritious punch and can be used in a variety of dishes, including some of your favorite Miraval recipes, also listed here.
We hope that adding these ingredients to your shopping list and these recipes to your weekly dinner plans will help you set a healthy eating intention for the week and allow you to go into the grocery store and the kitchen feeling empowered.
- Canned chickpeas: Also called garbanzo beans, chickpeas are a rich source of vitamins, minerals and fiber, which can help improve digestion and manage weight. Additionally, chickpeas are high in protein and make an excellent replacement for meat. They lend a delicious nutty taste to pasta dishes or soups, and they can be baked into a crispy snack or ground into a hummus dip.
- Canned tomatoes: Tomatoes contain a wide variety of nutrients, including vitamin C, Vitamin E, potassium, and fiber. They’re also loaded with powerful antioxidants, such as beta-carotene, which can boost immunity. Canned tomatoes – whether diced, peeled, paste or pureed – are perfect for a variety of sauces, soups and other dishes that need a punch of flavor.
- Almond butter: Although calorie-dense, almond butter contains few carbs and a great deal of fiber, healthy fats and protein. Whether blended in a smoothie, spread over apple slices or scooped straight from a jar, almond butter can keep you full for hours.
1 onion, diced
1 bell pepper, diced
1 can chickpeas
1 can diced tomatoes
1 small can coconut milk
1 tbsp cumin
1 tbsp curry powder
1 tbsp turmeric
1 tbsp ginger
1 tbsp garlic
Salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté onions, garlic, peppers, for 4 mins.
- Add chickpeas, diced tomatoes, coconut milk, and seasonings. Let simmer for 1 hour.
15 oz canned chickpeas, with liquid
½ cup almond butter
½ cup maple syrup or agave
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp kosher salt
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ cup chocolate chips (can substitute with dried cranberries, nuts, raisins, etc.)
- Blend all ingredients except chocolate in a food processor until smooth. Transfer to an oiled 9X13 baking dish and top with chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350F for 20-30min, or until skewer runs clean.
2 cups canned chickpeas
½ cup tahini
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic
1 tbsp paprika
Salt to taste
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor or a high-speed blender
- Serve with pita chips or veggies for an easy, healthy snack.